What is the Teaching Excellence Alliance?
- The Teaching Excellence Alliance (TEA) has been set up by members of University Alliance, of which your university is a member, in order to enhance and promote excellence in professional and technical education (the distinctive model of Alliance universities) and to achieve sustained student success.
- Our areas of distinctiveness focus on progressive and innovative teaching strategies which integrate live, employer-relevant challenges for learning and assessment with input from employers, community groups and service users, using real world environments and simulations to provide work-based learning opportunities.
- We also share a commitment to try alternative modes of provision (e.g. degree apprenticeships) and to create learning spaces that support student-focused and employer-led education.
- The focus of the TEA is:
- To develop students equipped with the skills and aptitudes to succeed in a world shaped by next generation technology by supporting staff to improve their teaching practice and develop innovative courses
- To demonstrate that Alliance universities are world leaders in professional and technical education for sustained student success by evidencing our success.
- We are looking for students to support and challenge this work in order to ensure that we are achieving impact for you. In return we can offer you an opportunity to be involved in higher education policy and practice and connect you to a community of staff, students and other higher education stakeholders outside of your institution. This could be particularly relevant for individuals interested in teaching and learning and / or a career in higher education generally and / or those with an interest in how universities are run.
- If you would be interested in being involved with the programme please contact email@example.com. More information can be found at unialliance.ac.uk/tea