Salary: £45,000 per annum
FTE: Full-time (working 37.5 hours per week)
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract until 28th June 2024
Location: Agile with occasional working Central London
University Alliance (UA) is looking for an experienced project manager who is able to deliver the final phases of an existing European funded project. The DTA3 programme, which is funded via the Horizon2020 MSCA COFUND funding action, is a structured doctoral training programme that brings together a global cohort of doctoral researchers from across 15 UK universities. The project is coming into its final phase of delivery, and you will be responsible for dissemination of outcomes, final reporting to the European Commission (EC), reconciliation of finances and a full evaluation of the project.
This is an exciting chance to work in the university sector across a range of areas, interacting with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, and contributing to the wider work of an effective influencing organisation.
If you are a dynamic, driven, results orientated person who enjoys working independently within a passionate team to deliver innovative training opportunities and you are fantastically organised with a great attention to detail then please apply.
This is an exciting chance to work in the university sector across a range of university partners and areas, interacting with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, and contributing to the wider work of an effective influencing organisation.
- Lead on the delivery, progress, and final reporting of the MSCA DTA3 programme, on time and on budget;
- Manage the coordination of operations and day-to-day oversight and delivery of the final phase of the MSCA DTA3 programme in accordance with the EC Grant Agreement;
- Act as main point of contact with the EC on all matters including progress, financial and contractual reporting matters;
- Work with senior academic and administrative colleagues across multiple universities to ensure monitoring, reporting, budget management and contractual management across partners of the MSCA DTA3 programme is managed effectively;
- Support DTA3 budget activities;
- Oversee new DTA/DTA3 website development project and dissemination activities.
Please read the full Job Description for a detailed outline of the key responsibilities of the role.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive annual salary, we offer
- Contributory pension scheme with an employer contribution of 9%
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and office closure days
- Life assurance
- Health and Wellbeing fund
- Flexible working
Principal location of work
UA operates an agile working model where staff have the option to work most of the week remotely with access to a Central London ‘touchdown’ space for times when physical presence is required or preferred for performing job roles. (For further details, see JD)
Closing date: 11.59pm Sunday 15th January 2023
How to apply
To apply, please review the job description and apply via an email with the subject line: Project Manager DTA3 (MSCA COFUND) to email@example.com
- An up-to-date CV of no more than two sides of A4.
- A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressing why you are interested in working for University Alliance and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
Please also mention where you saw the job advertised.
Interview date: Interviews via MS Teams
First interview: W/c 23 January2023
The selection process will include an interview and a task confirmed on invitation to interview.
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.
Right to work in the UK
If you are successful in your application, you will be required to demonstrate your right to work in the UK. The latest information about your right to work in the UK is available on the UK government website here
University Alliance is unable to sponsor candidates.
Job application guidance is available here