Job title: Operations & Administration Coordinator
Salary: Up to £35,000 per year (FTE) depending on experience (Up to £28,000 per year for 30 hrs per week)
Hours: Part-time, 30 hours per week
Type of Contract: Permanent
Location: Central London (Hybrid with office attendance required once per week)
University Alliance (UA) are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly organised operations coordinator to provide IT, financial and HR support to a small but energetic team. This is an exciting chance to work across a range of operational areas, interacting with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, and contributing to the wider work of an effective influencing organisation.
- Maintain IT organisational systems such as MS365, SharePoint, MS Teams and other software.
- Ensure regular back up of all data and system software, including latest updates of virus software.
- Supporting staff with IT issues, directing to external IT support when appropriate.
- Support HR recruitment processes by placing job adverts, arranging interviews and managing the induction process.
- Managing day-to-day financial processes including payroll, invoicing and banking.
- Supporting the Business Manager to maintain facilities, office supplies, and health & safety to ensure a comfortable and efficient working environment for all staff.
- Minimum one year’s experience working in an operations support role with exposure to IT, finance, and HR functions.
- Strong operational and IT skills including knowledge of MS Office 365 and MS Teams (or similar)
- Strong organisational skills, including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with meticulous attention to detail
Full job description here
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and office closure dates between Christmas and New Year (pro-rata for part-time), increasing with length of service.
- Pension Scheme with 9% employer contribution.
- Annual health and wellbeing fund.
- Flexible working.
- Training & development opportunities.
University Alliance operates an agile working model where staff have the option to work the majority of the week remotely with access to a ‘touchdown’ space on one of the campuses of our member universities (Coventry University’s London campus) for times when physical presence is required or preferred for performing job roles. This is subject to change depending on government guidelines relating to the pandemic.
The *touchdown space is a modern, secure, bright, roomy shared space predominantly for the use of Coventry University’s student alumni and enterprise students. The space is not a traditional office space, it operates a clear desk space with Wi-Fi and access to printing facilities and its primary use is for collaborative working with colleagues across the organisation. We also have access to a room booking system for meetings and tea and coffee making facilities. Travel to University Alliance Central London touchdown space (office) is at the employee’s own expense.
Closing date: 11.59pm Sunday 18th June 2023
How to apply
To apply, please review the job description and apply via an email with the subject line: Operations & Administration Co-ordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date CV of no more than two sides of A4.
- A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressing why you are interested in working for University Alliance and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
Please also mention where you saw the job advertised.
Interview date: Interviews via MS Teams
First interview: W/c 26 June 2023
The selection process will include an interview, and a task to be confirmed on invitation to interview.
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.
Right to work in the UK
If you are successful in your application, you will be required to demonstrate your right to work in the UK. The latest information about your right to work in the UK is available on the UK government website here
University Alliance is unable to sponsor candidates.
Job application guidance is available here.