Following the success of last year’s contest we are once again running a design competition for the cover of our Christmas card to be sent to our key stakeholders. If you would like to take part in the competition, or to advertise it to those who might, please either link to this page or send the below details out.
Please note that this competition is only open to staff and students from Alliance universities.
To design the front cover for University Alliance’s 2012 Christmas card. The winner, as well as designing our new card, will receive a £50 Amazon gift voucher and will be credited on the back the card which will be seen by hundreds of key figures, including MPs, leading business executives and university Vice-Chancellors.
In line with our university_vision project, our theme for the 2012 competition is ‘Futures’. Participants will need to provide a 50 word summary of how their design fits this theme.
The competition will open on Monday 5th November 2012 and close at midday on Friday 23rd November 2012.
Send image to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Christmas Card Competition’. Please include name, course/occupation and name of university.
1. This contest is open to students and staff at University Alliance institutions.
2. A maximum of two front covers will be accepted per entrant.
3. The University Alliance logo should be included somewhere on the front cover. To download please click here. The brand can be used with the grey replaced with any of the colours in the palette (the white in the middle must remain – see our Twitter page for examples).
4. Include a paragraph (50 word limit) about the image, what it is and what inspired it.
5. Entries must be submitted as a JPEG/GIF image with a 300dpi ratio to be printed on A5.
6. Can be graphics/photography/artwork but must be original and belong to entrant. Animations for the web version can be submitted as long as an image at 300dpi is submitted along with it. Any entrants under 18 must have written parental consent to submit an image.
7. The University Alliance team will judge the competition and decide on the winner. The runners up will be posted on our website along with the winning image.
8. The winning image will become property of University Alliance.
9. Covers will be judged on their design as well as how well they fit the ‘futures’ brief.
10. The winner will be published on our website on Wednesday 28 November.
11. The winner will also be contacted directly to arrange receipt of their prize.
Questions and enquiries about competition rules can be emailed to Louisa – email@example.com