University Alliance represents 22 major, dynamic, business-like universities at the heart of the sector which deliver world-leading research with impact and are actively business-focussed.
These universities offer a research-informed, academic learning environment and a culture of entrepreneurialism, equipping graduates for the 21st century.
In facts and figures
- We educate 26% of all UK students
- 81% overall student satisfaction in 2009
- We deliver nearly 20% of all postgraduate provision, we awarded nearly 1,200 PhDs in 2007-08
- Less than 50% of income from core public funding
- Nearly 22% of all students studying STEM-related subjects are at an Alliance university, around 45% of all students at an Alliance university are studying a STEM-related subject
- Alliance graduates have some of the highest graduate-level employment rates and prospects – 93% of Northumbria graduates are in graduate-level employment after 3 years, Engineering graduates from Nottingham Trent University have joint highest graduate prospects with Imperial
- Alliance universities are leaders in developing graduate attributes, meeting the needs of employers and giving graduates a head start in the graduate market place – world-leading World of Work programme at Liverpool John Moores University, Hertfordshire University „Graduate Futures? service works with students, employers, alumni and staff