University Alliance (UA) are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic press and communications professional to join our small but ambitious team.
This is an exciting chance to gain broad experience working across varied communications briefs, interacting with colleagues at all levels, and contributing to the organisation’s work to effect change at an incredibly important time for the higher education sector.
About the role
Working closely with the Head of Communications and Public Affairs, you will support in the day-to-day delivery of the communications strategy, helping to maximise awareness and reach of UA and our member’s profile and reputation, and communicate our campaigns, programmes and policy work via the media and UA’s communications channels.
- Help develop and deliver UA’s media strategy, developing relationships with journalists, handling reactive requests and delivering successful media interventions
- Produce informative, creative content to engage and influence key decision-makers using the full range of communications tools and channels available, including articles, blogs, newsletters, briefings and case studies
- Maintain a planning grid and work across the team to identify upcoming communications opportunities
- Oversee website and social media accounts and grow our digital presence
- Play a key role in the planning and delivery of campaigns activity
- Provide content and logistical support for a varied events programme
- Support a programme of political and stakeholder engagement
Undertake a wider range of tasks as required within a small team, to deliver UA’s communications strategy, and contribute to the broader objectives and influencing and advocacy work of the organisation. Please find full job description here
Why Work Here?
- Forward thinking and values-driven organisation
- Fantastic work/life balance with flexi-time and work from home options
- Central London but with a regular degree of remote working
- Permanent position
- £28,000 (FTE) p.a. plus excellent benefits including a generous holiday allowance and pension scheme
- Creative and proactive, full of ideas of how to get our work out there across varying communications channels
- Full of enthusiasm, work with energy and initiative
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Highly organised and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Great interpersonal skills, and like to work as part of a team
If you are a self-starter, who is highly motivated and experienced in a press /media handling/ communications or related role with an understanding of the most effective means for reaching key influencers including journalists, politicians and stakeholders, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Please apply via an email with the subject line: Communications and press officer to firstname.lastname@example.org , with an up-to-date CV and a cover letter of no more than two sides of A4, addressing why you are interested in working for UA and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
We actively encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds.
Closing date: 11.59pm 2nd November 2020. Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.