You are invited to the launch of a joint report between the UK Commission for Employment and Skills and Universities UK – Forging Futures report on university and business collaboration.
When: Wednesday 17 September 10am – 12pm
Where: The Building Centre, Store Street, London, WC1E 7BT
Speakers and panellists
- Professor John Coyne, UKCES Commissioner and Vice Chancellor, University of Derby (Chair)
- Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Universities and Science Minister (TBC)
- Malcolm Skingle, Director, Academic Liaison, GSK
- Amy Smith, Head of Recruitment, Framestore
- Michael Davis, Chief Executive, UKCES
- Nicola Dandridge, Chief Executive, UUK
The Forging Futures report puts the spotlight on the ways in which employers and universities are working collaboratively to ensure that industry gets the talent it needs to succeed. The research draws on in-depth discussions with employers and universities, highlighting the fantastic and innovative ways in which collaboration is already occurring whilst also promoting the need for a broader cultural shift towards working collaboratively in order to build the skills necessary for the jobs of the future. The report also provides practical guidance on how to establish and maintain effective collaborations.
During the event you will hear from senior university and business representatives, and expert commentators, on their views and experiences of working together. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and join in discussions on what more can be done to encourage collaboration.
To RVSP, contact Sarah Chander, UKCES