Once again we are looking for creative and festive works of art to decorate our Christmas card.
University Alliance’s annual Christmas card competition has launched – if you are a member of staff or a student at one of our universities, we want you to enter the competition by designing the cover of our card which we send out to our key stakeholders.
To take part in the competition or advertise it to those who might, please either link to this page or send the details below out.
Please note that this competition is only open to staff and students from Alliance universities.
How to enter
Design the front cover for University Alliance 2015 Christmas card. The winner, as well as designing our new card, will receive £300 in High Street gift vouchers (Love2shop) and will be credited on the back of the cards which will be seen by hundreds of key figures, including MPs, leading business executives and university Vice-Chancellors and academics.
Our theme for this year is ‘making the difference in our cities and regions‘. This has been inspired by our organisation’s mission. We are Britain’s universities for cities and regions. We aspire to make the difference to our cities and regions through everything we do.
Closing date: midday, Monday 30 November 2015.
Submission: Send your image to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Christmas card competition 2015’. Please include your name, course/occupation with the name of the university you attend.
- This competition is open to students and staff at University Alliance institutions.
- A maximum of two front covers will be accepted per entrant.
- The University Alliance logo should be included somewhere on the front cover. To download please click here. The brand can be used with any of the colours in the palette but only use one colour (rather than multi-coloured) or the original version).
- Include a paragraph (50 word limit) about the image, what it is and what inspired you.
- Entries must be submitted as jpeg/gif image with a 300dpi ratio to be printed on A5 (portrait or landscape).
- It can be graphics, photography or artwork. But it must be original and belong to the entrant. Animations for the web version can be submitted as long as an image at 300dpi is submitted along with it.
- Any entrants under 18 must have written parental consent to submit an image.
- The University Alliance team will judge the competition and decide on the winner. The runners up will be posted on our website along with the winning image. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning image will become property of University Alliance.
- Covers will be judged on their design as well as how well they fit the brief.
- The winner will be published on our website.
- The winner will also be contacted directly to arrange receipt of their prize.
Any questions and enquiries about the competition or the rules can be emailed to Rachel Clarke.