Thurs 2 June, 9am – 5pm
Engineering and Computing Building, Coventry University
Our Annual Summit brings together our member institutions and key stakeholders to focus on the key issues facing the higher education sector.
This year we are exploring the role of our universities as leaders in their cities and regions, delivering the world-class teaching, research and employer engagement that makes the difference right across the country. During the event we will host a series of speeches and panel discussions with policy makers and sector figures, and deliver workshops led by our universities and HE stakeholders.
- Neil Carmichael MP, Chair, Education Select Committee and Co-Chair, Sub Committee on Education, Skills and the Economy
- Maddalaine Ansell, Chief Executive, University Alliance
- Liz Flint, Head of Innovation Networks, Innovate UK
- Charlotte Heyes, Head of Innovation and Place, BIS
- Professor John Latham, Vice-Chancellor, Coventry University
- Mark Leach, Editor, Wonkhe
- Professor Julie Lydon, Vice-Chancellor, University of South Wales
- Professor Nigel Culkin, Professor of Entrepreneurship, University of Hertfordshire
- Jane Rae, Senior researcher – Innovation, NESTA
- Ryan Shorthouse, Director, Bright Blue
- Sorana Vieru, Vice-President HE, National Union of Students
- Professor Steve West, Vice-Chancellor, UWE Bristol
- Professor Andy Westwood, Professor of Politics, University of Winchester
Confirmed workshop leaders
- Dug Cole, Head of Academic Practice, Higher Education Academy
- Ian Dunn, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Student Empowerment), Coventry University
- Daisy Hooper, Policy & Projects Manager, University Alliance
- Vicky Jones, Senior HE Policy Adviser, HEFCE
- Dr Faye Taylor, Policy & Projects Manager, University Alliance
The Annual Summit welcomes up to 250 University Alliance colleagues including Vice-Chancellors, Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Pro Vice-Chancellors, Communications Leads, Deans and any other colleagues of all levels at Alliance universities interested in our work.