International conference on adapting buildings for future climate change and renewable energy: An integrated approach to low energy housing
AdaptBuild is the first international conference jointly organised by Teesside University, the Doctoral Training Alliance (DTA) in Energy and the Australian Technology Network of Universities (ATN).
It will gather scientists, researchers, doctoral students and engineers from research institutes and the industry around the world to discuss soil, water, energy and environmental change challenges. Participants will hear leading keynote speakers from industry and academia and take part in parallel thematic sessions of presentations and workshops.
Contributions are now being accepted from (but not limited to) the following general topics:
- Buildings adapted for future climate change
- High level energy use and performance data comparison;
- User perspectives in purpose built low energy housing;
- Integrated approach to low energy housing (new and retro);
- Low carbon and sustainable cities: Urban heat island issues;
- Transition to more renewables in energy delivery;
- Recycling and treatment of water under urban intensification;
- Optimising stormwater management: Dealing with extreme events;
- Minimising fine waste storage on surface and controlling the risks.
- Submission of abstracts: 1st February 2017
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 2nd March 2017
- Submission of paper: 1st April 2017
- Notification of paper acceptance: 2nd May 2017
- Early registration: details to follow
- Conference days: 28th – 30th June 2017 (Wednesday-Friday)
Further information and submission guidelines can be found at www.adaptbuild2017.com