Santa on his sleigh delivering presents around the globe. Citizens bringing gifts by train to neighbours in a nearby city. Woodland animals working together to decorate a festive tree.
What do they all have in common? They are all winning designs produced by UA students and staff for the cover of our Christmas card.
Now in its sixth year, we have kicked off the search for the 2017 University Alliance Christmas Card Design Competition. This year, the theme is ‘excellence’ and we are looking forward to seeing how illustrators, designers, photographers and computer artists within our universities interpret this in their work.
To inspire you to take part in this year’s competition, we’ve found some of the best festive works of art from entrants over the years. Looking back at these images, it’s clear to see the wealth of creativity that exists in our group of universities.
To take part or advertise the competition to those who might want to enter, please either link to this page or send the details below out. Please note that this competition is only open to staff and students from Alliance universities.
How to enter
Design the front cover for University Alliance 2017 Christmas card. The winner, as well as designing our new card, will receive £150 in High Street gift vouchers (Love2shop) and will be credited on the back of the cards which will be seen by hundreds of key figures, including MPs, leading business executives and university Vice-Chancellors and academics.
Our theme for this year is ‘Excellence‘.
Closing date: midday, Thursday 30 November 2017.
Submission: Send your image to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Christmas card competition 2017’. Please include your name, course/occupation with the name of the university you attend.
- This competition is open to students and staff at University Alliance institutions.
- A maximum of two front covers will be accepted per entrant.
- The University Alliance logo should be included somewhere on the front cover. To download please click here. The brand can be used with any of the colours in the palette in our Style guide but only use one colour (rather than multi-coloured) or the original version.
- Include a paragraph (50 word limit) about the image, what it is and what inspired you and how it is inspired by the theme.
- Entries must be submitted as jpeg/gif image with a 300dpi ratio to be printed on A5 (portrait or landscape).
- It can be graphics, photography or artwork. But it must be original and belong to the entrant. Animations for the web version can be submitted as long as an image at 300dpi is submitted along with it.
- Any entrants under 18 must have written parental consent to submit an image.
- The University Alliance team and guest judges will judge the competition and decide on the winner. The runners up will be posted on our website along with the winning image. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning entrant retains copyright of the original design and ownership of artwork produced for this competition. The winning entrant grants a license for University Alliance to use the image for the purposes outlined in the annual competition brief for the one year duration of the project including print and online publicity and promotion of the competition only beyond this date.
- Covers will be judged on their design as well as how well they fit the brief.
- The winner will be published on our website.
- The winning entrant will be informed of their selection as soon as possible after the judging has ended using the contact details supplied. All entrants to the competition accept that we may not be able to wait for acknowledgement from the winning designer before print production commences.
Any questions and enquiries about the competition or the rules can be emailed to Rachel Clarke.