£25,000 per annum, pro rata for part-time
12-month fixed term contract, 0.4 FTE
Part-time (15 hrs per week) – flexible working pattern across the working week to be agreed with the line manager.
University Alliance operates an agile working model where staff have the option to work the majority of the week remotely with access to a ‘touchdown’ space on one of the campuses of our member universities (Coventry University’s London campus) for times when physical presence is required or preferred for performing job roles. (Subject to change depending on government guidelines)
The touchdown space is a modern, secure, bright, roomy shared spaced predominantly for the use of Coventry University’s student alumni and enterprise students. The space is not a traditional office space, it operates a clear desk space with Wi-Fi and access to printing facilities and its primary use is for collaborative working with colleagues across the organisation. We also have access to a room booking system for meetings and tea and coffee making facilities.
About the role
The University Alliance is looking for a dynamic Programme Administrator to support the day-to-day delivery of the Doctoral Training Alliance (DTA) training programme for doctoral researchers and supervisors across a national network of 19 universities. The Programme Administrator will work closely with the Deputy Head of Doctoral Training and all members of the UA DTA Team, as well as Programme Leads from partner universities, to ensure that a successful and effective programme is supported in its delivery and monitoring to the relevant UK and EU standards.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly organised with great attention to detail. This role would suit someone who is looking to develop their administrative and monitoring and evaluation skills within a supportive and exciting team environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining a database that tracks student researcher and supervisor data, progress and attendance at all programme events and other key activities through online survey monitoring data and career development plan monitoring.
- Financial administrative activities for the DTA3 programme including, collation of payroll reports, supporting creation & distribution of payroll trackers & assisting with invoicing.
- Provide administrative support for the DTA governance groups, which will include securing dates and booking meetings, setting up online meetings and/or booking physical venues, arranging catering and supporting the minute taking process.
- Supporting other key areas of DTA Team admin including organising & booking travel, event planning including sourcing suppliers, arranging couriers amongst other duties.
Experience and skills required
- IT literate, comfortable with using a range of, and identifying the appropriate, software tools for specific tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel including using pivot tables and data filtering
- Experience of working with individuals and groups at a range of levels across
- Highly organised with an ability to prioritise tasks with meticulous attention to detail
Full job description here
Closing date: 11.59pm Thursday 16th September 2021
How to apply
To apply, please review the job description and apply via an email with the subject line: Programme Administrator to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date CV of no more than two sides of A4.
- A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressing why you are interested in working for University Alliance and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
Please also mention where you saw the job advertised.
Pre-interview Excel task: 22-23 September 2021
Interview date: Interviews via MS Teams
Wednesday 29th September 2021
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.
Job application guidance is available here