Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 per annum, pro rata for part-time
FTE: 0.6FTE (working 22.5 hours per week)
Duration of Contract: 12-month fixed term contract
University Alliance operates an agile working model where staff have the option to work the majority of the week remotely with access to a ‘touchdown’ space on one of the campuses of our member universities (Coventry University’s London campus) for times when physical presence is required or preferred for performing job roles. This is subject to change depending on government guidelines relating to the pandemic.
The *touchdown space is a modern, secure, bright, roomy shared spaced predominantly for the use of Coventry University’s student alumni and enterprise students. The space is not a traditional office space, it operates a clear desk space with Wi-Fi and access to printing facilities and its primary use is for collaborative working with colleagues across the organisation. We also have access to a room booking system for meetings and tea and coffee making facilities.
About the role
University Alliance (UA) is looking for an experienced, highly organised personal assistant to provide general administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Executive. This is an exciting chance to work in the university sector across a range of areas, interacting with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, and contributing to the wider work of an effective influencing organisation.
- Planning of the Chief Executive’s diary, ensuring accurate diary management and that the Chief Executive is kept fully updated of what the priorities are for the next day/week/month.
- Organising and managing meetings (including network meetings of members that the CEO chairs/organises), collating papers, briefings and agendas for meetings, taking minutes, and ensuring all committed actions are followed up.
- Proofreading minutes, agendas, meeting papers and documentation.
- Providing support with meetings and event planning including agenda preparation, presentations, booking venues, logistics and catering.
- Management of all inboxes related to the CEO
- Minimum one-year experience working in an PA/administrative role
- You are super organised, pay meticulous attention to detail, are good at designing and managing systems so nothing is missed
- You are able to work to deadlines, are able prioritise multiple tasks, projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- You have excellent communication skills, good at building networks and maintaining relationships, are determined, not easily flustered and don’t mind if the plan changes at the last minute
- Excellent communication skills, good at building and maintaining relationships with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
Full job description here
Closing date: 11.59pm Wednesday 20thApril 2022
How to apply
To apply, please review the job description and apply via an email with the subject line: Personal Assistant to CEO to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date CV of no more than two sides of A4.
- A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressing why you are interested in working for University Alliance and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
Please also mention where you saw the job advertised.
Closing date: 11.59pm 20th April 2022
Interview date: Interviews via MS Teams
First interview W/c 25th April 2022
Second interviews W/c 2nd May 2022
The selection process will include an interview, and a task to be confirmed on invitation to interview.
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.
Job application guidance is available here