Salary: £28,000 per annum, pro rata for part-time
FTE: 0.6FTE (working 22.5 hours per week)
Duration of Contract: Fixed term until 31st July 2023
University Alliance operates an agile working model where staff have the option to work the majority of the week remotely with access to a ‘touchdown’ space on one of the campuses of our member universities (Coventry University’s London campus) for times when physical presence is required or preferred for performing job roles. This is subject to change depending on government guidelines relating to the pandemic.
The *touchdown space is a modern, secure, bright, roomy shared spaced predominantly for the use of Coventry University’s student alumni and enterprise students. The space is not a traditional office space, it operates a clear desk space with Wi-Fi and access to printing facilities and its primary use is for collaborative working with colleagues across the organisation. We also have access to a room booking system for meetings and tea and coffee making facilities.
About the role
University Alliance (UA) is looking for an ambitious and independent communications assistant to support our communications and external affairs team to deliver impactful advocacy work on behalf of the UK’s leading technical universities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about excellent communications, with an appetite for continuous learning and improvement to ensure our communications are always in line with current best practice.
This is a particularly exciting and challenging time in the university sector, with a fast-paced political environment, big policy changes on the horizon and a great deal of political and media scrutiny. This is an opportunity to work as part of a small and agile team at the heart of the action as we advocate on behalf of our member universities within this context. You will interact with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, and contribute to the wider work of an effective influencing organisation.
- Plan and manage email marketing campaigns
- Day to day management of UAs social media channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Manage and update website content, supporting departments in keeping their own areas of the website up to date. Liaison with UA’s external web provider.
- Management of the UA press inbox
- Maintenance of relevant databases including media contacts
- Help to design digital marketing material, including leaflets, flyers, adverts and other relevant online content.
- Provide content and logistical support for a varied events programme, including the annual summit, ad hoc parliamentary events and quarterly communications and policy network meetings.
- Experience of a range of marketing and communications activity (e.g., developing web content, working with the press, writing for marketing purposes)
- Experience of managing a social media account with a significant number of followers.
- A very high level of written English, with the ability to write engagingly for a range of audiences
Full job description here
Closing date: 11.59pm, Sunday 31 July 2022
How to apply
To apply, please review the job description and apply via an email with the subject line: Communications and Press Officer to email@example.com
- An up-to-date CV of no more than two sides of A4.
- A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressing why you are interested in working for University Alliance and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
Please also mention where you saw the job advertised.
Interview date: Interviews via MS Teams
Wednesday 10 and Thursday 11 August 2022
The selection process will include a panel interview, and a task to be confirmed on invitation to interview
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.
Job application guidance is available here