Our top tips to guide you through the Clearing process
1. CHECK WHAT COURSES ARE AVAILABLE
Use the UCAS search tool and university websites to find courses that are open for clearing applications. If you can’t find the course you’re looking for:
- Consider different subjects – if you can’t find a course that exactly matches your requirements, look into what other options are available.
- Look at the course details – you might not be familiar with the title of the course but if you look at the modules and detailed course information you might find it’s perfect for you!
2. DO YOUR RESEARCH
Identify the universities you’re interested in applying to, and do some research into what courses are available. If you are thinking about applying to RGU through Clearing, find out what it’s like to study here!
3. TALK TO UNIVERSITIES OR COLLEGES THAT YOU’RE INTERESTED IN
Before you can add a Clearing choice in your UCAS Track account, you need to call the university to ask them if they would accept you. You can get informal offers over the phone before deciding which one you want to accept.
4. BE PREPARED
Before making contact with us, make sure to have the following information available:
- A list of course options you wish to study
- Your qualifications & results
- Your UCAS Personal ID (you may not have one, so don’t worry if this is the case)
5. TRY TO BE PATIENT
You can imagine how busy university Admissions teams are with enquiries from applicants just like you, so don’t worry about not getting a reply from us straight away. In the lead up to Result’s Day, we ask you to fill out our dedicated web form and we will call you back as soon as we can. We will also have a hotline number open on Results Day, as well as Whatsapp lines open to support you with your applications and enquiries. It’s really important the right team member talks you through your options and we may need to wait until they become available for you.
6. LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
We know that Results Day and Clearing can be a stressful time so it’s important that you look after your wellbeing. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or don’t know what your options are, get in touch with us or talk to someone close to you.
We’ve put together the perfect playlist to help you stay positive while you figure out your next steps…
7. CONSIDER YOUR OPTIONS
Take your time to make the right decision for you and don’t rush. Our dedicated Admissions Team are here to support you!