Feeling festive and creative?
The University Alliance Christmas Card competition has just launched – if you are a member of staff or a student at one of our Alliance Universities, why not enter the competition by designing the cover of our Christmas card which we send out to our key stakeholders.
If you would like to take part in the competition or advertise it to those who might, please either link to this page or send the below details out.
Please note that this competition is only open to staff and students from Alliance universities.
How to enter
Design the front cover for University Alliance’s 2013 Christmas card. The winner, as well as designing our new card, will receive £60 High Street gift vouchers (Love2shop) and will be credited on the back of the card which will be seen by hundreds of key figures, including MPs, leading business executives and university Vice-Chancellors.
Our theme for this year is ‘Collaboration’, inspired by the extensive number of partnerships that both University Alliance and our universities have engaged with over the past year. Participants will need to provide a 50 word summary of how their design fits this theme.
We’ve extended the deadline for this competition to midday on Tuesday 2 December 2014.
Send your image to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Christmas Card Competition’. Please include your name, course/occupation and the name of the university you attend.
- This contest is open to students and staff at University Alliance institutions.
- A maximum of two front covers will be accepted per entrant.
- The University Alliance logo should be included somewhere on the front cover. To download please click here. The brand can be used with the grey replaced with any of the colours in the palette (the white in the middle must remain).
- Include a paragraph (50 word limit) about the image, what it is and what inspired it.
- Entries must be submitted as a JPEG/GIF image with a 300dpi ratio to be printed on A5.
- Can be graphics/photography/artwork but must be original and belong to entrant. Animations for the web version can be submitted as long as an image at 300dpi is submitted along with it. Any entrants under 18 must have written parental consent to submit an image.
- The University Alliance team will judge the competition and decide on the winner. The runners up will be posted on our website along with the winning image. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning image will become property of University Alliance.
- Covers will be judged on their design as well as how well they fit the ‘Collaboration’ brief.
- The winner will be published on our website on Thursday 27 November 2014.
- The winner will also be contacted directly to arrange receipt of their prize.
Questions and enquiries about competition rules can be emailed to Rachel Clarke