Thursday 4 June 2015, 12.00 – 18.30
Newport City Campus, University of South Wales, Newport NP20 2BP
Speakers and programme announced
The Annual Summit welcomes University Alliance colleagues including Vice-Chancellors, Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Pro Vice-Chancellors, Communications Leads, Deans and anyone else at Alliance universities who is interested in our work.
There is so much uncertainty on the horizon. How can we be working together to give ourselves the competitive edge? How will political change impact your institution? What is the role of challenger institutions in driving innovation in UK HE?
The 3rd annual University Alliance Summit will be an early opportunity for staff Alliance Universities to come together to reflect on the General Election and look to the year ahead.
We are pleased to confirm the programme to the Summit, including speakers, breakout sessions and pre-Summit fringe events – see below.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Speakers and panellists:
- Professor Julie Lydon OBE, Vice Chancellor, University of South Wales
- Maddalaine Ansell, Chief Executive, University Alliance
- Paul Woodgates, Partner, PA Consulting
- Dr Martin Rhisiart, Reader in Futures and Innovation, University of South Wales
- Mark Corver, Head of Analysis and Research, UCAS
- Mark Leach, founder, Editor in Chief and Director, Wonkhe
- Professor Andy Westwood, Associate Vice President Public Affairs, University of Manchester and Professor of Politics, Winchester University
- Professor Huw Morris, Group Director – Skills, Higher Education and Lifelong Learning, Welsh Government
- Reputation Management in context of REF 2020, Ben Verinder, MD, Chalkstream Communications
- Universities driving UK-wide competitiveness, Liz Shutt, Head of Policy, University Alliance
- Using data to drive decisions – joint JISC/HESA/Tableau session, Janette Hillicks, Subject Specialist in technology to support enterprise, JISC, Sophie Haworth, Trainer, HESA, Yusaf Mirza, Tableau
Pre-Summit fringe events:
Wonkhe workshop: Twitter Surgery
Mark Leach, founder, Editor in Chief and Director, Wonkhe, on how to get the most out of Twitter. One-to-one and group session.
Teaching and Learning PVC Network
International PVC Network
This conference is closed to staff at Alliance universities. Click here to register your place and read the full programme.