Research and Data Analyst
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 p.a. pro rata for part-time and dependent on skills and experience
Contract type: 12-month fixed term contract, 0.4 FTE
Hours: Part-time (15 hrs per week) – flexible working pattern across the working week to be agreed with the line manager.
University Alliance operates an agile working model where staff have the option to work the majority of the week remotely with access to a ‘touchdown’ space on one of the campuses of our member universities (Coventry University’s London campus) for times when physical presence is required or preferred for performing job roles. (Subject to change depending on government guidelines)
The touchdown space is a modern, secure, bright, roomy shared spaced predominantly for the use of Coventry University’s student alumni and enterprise students. The space is not a traditional office space, it operates a clear desk space with Wi-Fi and access to printing facilities and its primary use is for collaborative working with colleagues across the organisation. We also have access to a room booking system for meetings and tea and coffee making facilities.
About the role
University Alliance (UA) are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly organised analyst to play a key role in providing research and data support to a small but energetic team. The role would suit a self-starter with excellent research skills, with a particular emphasis on statistical analysis. Experience of using data and evidence to influence policy, and higher education policy in particular, would be highly desirable.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Analyse regular sector statistical releases and other key reports
- Provide a range of desk-based research support for key projects, including literature reviews, briefing papers, published reports and press reports
- Design, populate and maintain databases including UA member statistics, ensuring quality and relevance of data
- Gather case studies from UA members and other key stakeholders
Experience and skills required
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills and experience of using a range of research techniques
- Project management skills and experience of designing, managing and delivering high quality projects on time and budget
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills in a range of formats
Full job description here.
Closing date: 11.59pm Monday 9th August 2021
How to apply
To apply, please review the job description and apply via an email with the subject line: Research and Data Analyst to email@example.com
- An up-to-date CV of no more than two sides of A4.
- A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressing why you are interested in working for University Alliance and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
Please also mention where you saw the job advertised.
Interview date: Interviews via MS Teams
First interview W/c 16th August 2021
Second interview W/c 23rd August 2021
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.
Job application guidance is available here