Circa £30,000 p.a. (pro rata for part-time) plus excellent benefits
12-month fixed term contract, 0.4 FTE
Part-time (15 hrs per week) – flexible working pattern across the working week to be agreed with the line manager.
Based in UA’s Central London touchdown space, but flexibility to work from home for part of the working week (subject to change depending on government guidelines)
University Alliance (UA) are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and highly organised analyst to play a key role in providing research and data support to a small but energetic team. The role would suit a self-starter with excellent research skills, with a particular emphasis on statistical analysis. Experience of using data and evidence to influence policy, and higher education policy in particular, would be highly desirable.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Analyse regular sector statistical releases and other key reports
- Provide a range of desk-based research support for key projects, including literature reviews, briefing papers, published reports and press reports
- Design, populate and maintain databases including UA member statistics, ensuring quality and relevance of data
- Gather case studies from UA members and other key stakeholders
Experience and skills required
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills and experience of using a range of research techniques
- Project management skills and experience of designing, managing and delivering high quality projects on time and budget
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills in a range of formats
Full job description here
Closing date: 11.59pm Sunday 4th July 2021
How to apply
Please apply via an email with the subject line: Research and Data Analyst to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline:
- An up-to-date CV of no more than two sides of A4.
- A cover letter of no more than two sides of A4 addressing why you are interested in working for University Alliance and how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role.
Please also mention where you saw the job advertised.
Interviews via MS Teams
First interview: Friday 9th July 2021
Second interview: Wednesday 14th or Thursday 15th July 2021
The selection process will include an interview, and a task to be confirmed on invitation to interview.
Please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancy prior to the published closing date. If you have not heard from us within 28 days of the closing date, please consider that you have not been successful at shortlisting stage.
Job application guidance is available here