University Alliance (UA) are looking for an agency/consultant/organisation to develop and facilitate Action Learning Sets for our Future Leaders Programme.
About University Alliance
University Alliance is a mission group within the higher education sector, uniting and championing the best professional and technical universities across the UK, enabling the knowledge and skills that we believe will power the UK’s future.
Alliance Universities are at the forefront of inclusive professional and technical higher education and lifelong learning. They share common values and support and challenge each other to continuously innovate in teaching and research to deliver ‘employment-ready’ graduates. They believe that universities should be accessible to all. They generate research with real-world application, champion their localities, and partner with local businesses, global industry and UK government to benefit the communities in which they’re rooted.
University Alliance provides the platform for Alliance Universities to act in partnership to achieve powerful outcomes for learners, employers, their communities and the UK economy. We provide the focal point for government, industry, media and others to access the knowledge, expertise, advice and resources of Alliance Universities.
Alliance Universities are proudly different and uniquely placed.
They hold close links with business and co-create innovative research that solves real-world challenges. But they also believe that universities should be open to all and, through their progressive teaching, equip the students they work with for the jobs of the future and the skills to help their communities prosper.
All Alliance universities share a unique set of qualities, they are all:
- Local and global
- They produce powerful research
- They provide excellent teaching
- and above all are industry-focused
University Alliance runs a Future Leaders Programme for senior leaders (Deputy Vice-Chancellors, Pro Vice-Chancellors and Directors) within its membership. The programme is made up of two phases:
- Participants and their sponsors (Vice-Chancellors) take part in an immersive experience outside of the UK – this year participants went to Apple HQ in Cupertino, California for 4 days
- Future Leaders will take part in a programme of visits to each of their institutions. Meetings will focus on a specific topic/theme, an introduction and overview of the host University, followed by an action learning set made up of participants and will include an overnight stay and dinner.
The requirement: what we want from an agency/consultant/organisation
We will be running Phase 2 of the programme in the 22/23 academic year and are looking for an agency/consultant/organisation to develop and facilitate Action Learning Sets addressing some of the ‘wicked problems’ facing the sector.
We would like the agency/consultant/organisation to deliver up to 6 Action Learning Sets over the academic year 22/23. Topics are to be agreed – suggestions include:
- Lifelong Education /Apprenticeships
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Digital transformation
- Drugs amongst students
- Sexual and Racial Harassment
- B3 and the TEF
Our members are based across the UK so the successful agency/consultant/organisation would need to be able travel to these locations to deliver the Action Learning Sets in-person.
We are looking for an agency/consultant/organisation that has experience/understanding of:
- Developing action learning sets
- Facilitating action learning sets
- Working with senior leaders
- Experience of working in the Higher Education sector would be desirable but not essential
How to apply
Bidders must submit an electronic copy of their tender submission no later than 12pm on Friday 5th August to email@example.com with the subject line: ITT Action Learning Sets Facilitator.
In submissions, bidders should detail:
- What they see as action learning sets – philosophy and practice
- How they develop and run action learning sets
- How they engage and get the most out of the session with attendees
- A breakdown of expected costs
- Previous work you/your organisation has delivered which are similar in focus.
- Details of staff who will undertake the work, a breakdown of how their time will be spent and how their expertise will add value to University Alliance
- Organisation details including name, legal status, full contact details and lead contact
The contract for the successful provider will be with University Alliance, for 12 months running from September 2022 to September 2023.
Value of contract: £900 (inclusive of VAT and all expenses) for each action learning set delivered (minimum of 4, maximum of 6)
It is our preference to pay for each action learning set after delivery.
In calculating project overheads account should be taken of the fact that University Alliance is a non-profit making body.
If any person has an interest or connection with University Alliance, please provide that person’s full name, position, and the nature of the connection/interest with University Alliance.
- Well run, outcome-focused action learning sets which will contribute to the development of both programme participants and their institutions.
- The action learning sets will be delivered over the 22/23 academic year – dates TBC
- The first date will be 7th September and will be in Brighton at the University.
The information contained in this ITT and all other information made in connection with the project by University Alliance and UA’s member universities is supplied on the basis that such information will be used only for the purposes of participating in the bidding process and delivering the project. Information supplied by agencies as part of the tender process will also be treated with confidentiality.
If you have any questions regarding the tender or this work, please contact Isabel Spence Isabel@unialliance.ac.uk